Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Ashes

Don't worry: part 2 of Leeds current state is coming soon but I must quickly mention the Ashes before it starts in earnest tomorrow.

The Ashes has been built up and built up. The tension is mounting...but will it be an anti-climax? Surely there will be entertainment, intriguing battles, intensity, classic commentary calls and high quality cricket, but in Australia, with them smarting from last time out, and with a quick look at their squad - it's hard to see past Australia (fresh from a virgin ICC Champions Trophy win in an anti-climactical final) obtaining the coveted urn.

One thing's for sure - I'll be glued to that TV as much as I can!

The key men are Ponting, Hussey, Lee, Warne, Flintoff and Pieterson in my view.

Anyway - forgive the bad grammar in this post and join me in saying: "bring it on"!

No comments: